Erik, Therese, Niklas and Kristian will each write a critique following the exhibition trip last Thursday.
- Oscar Muñoz
- Mahlet Ogbe Habte
- Toril Johannessen
- Christopher Williams
For Example: Dix-Huit Leçons Sur La Société Industrielle (Revision 10)
Here are the proposed guidelines for this task;
1. Very first impressions of the exhibition at large, or the singular work you wish to focus on as part of the exhibition.
(How do they appeal to your senses? Shape, form, colour, sound, texture. etc)
2. The media and materials they use to do this.
(Video, sound, text, painting, graphics, textile, etc)
3. Your role – as observer looking in, or as being inside/participating in the work.
4. Whether they primarily communicate via evoking sensations/emotions/gut feelings – or function on a more reflective level.
(Do you have to think about what you experience, or does “meaning” come almost simultaneously in your first meeting with them?)
5. Do you need special knowledge to appreciate and reflect upon the work/exhibition? Is this information provided by the gallery/museum?
What information do the titles of the work provide; what role do they play?
6. How did the exhibition design affect your experience of the artworks?
Please post your critiques up on the KUNZT blog by Friday 29th January 2010!
Do not forget to include the name of the exhibition, the artist(s) and the work(s) you write about. Photos are useful for providing the reader with a visual tool.